Christmas Alive 2012
Christmas Alive is here, one of our biggest service projects of the year! This year, we have approximately 100 families from our community who need some help this Christmas season. If your lilypad can adopt a family (or 2), please do! It is extra important this year for all of the families to be adopted so the involved ministries can spend their funds on food and other supporting expenses.
Though the task seems daunting, we are set up to see a miracle! If there would have been enough barley loaves and fishes to feed the 5,000, the world would have missed a miracle! Right now, it looks like we have too much need and not enough of our own resources to meet the need. But with prayer and servant’s hearts, the floodgates of heaven are going to open and pour out a blessing. I am expecting to be a part of miracle!!
If you are ready to do your part in being God’s hands and feet to this community:
- Select a number from the list
- Either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 301-663-3873 with the family ID number, your name and your cell phone number
- You will receive directions and contact information about your family. This is to be kept confidential.
When you adopt a family you are agreeing to:
- Christmas Shopping
- Children (18 years or less) – 2 gifts/child with an approximate value of $25 each.
- Adults – optional
- Portraits – Inform your adopted family they can schedule an appointment for a free family portrait by calling 301- 908-7751. All portraits will be taken on Saturday December 8 at All Saints Episcopal Church, Frederick, MD between 10:00AM and 2:00PM. You do not have to take them to the portrait.
- Gift & Food Delivery on Sat. Dec. 15th – Pick up Christmas Dinner, hygiene kit and portrait @ All Saints Episcopal Church; deliver food, gifts and portrait to your family.